Here are the steps to take to request a mentor:
- Complete the intake process by requesting a mentor online or by phone.
- Make a commitment to the process of mentoring which includes:
- Meeting with your mentor at least once a month
- Calling your mentor once a week
- Meeting with your class of mentees (others who have mentors) every other month.
- Doing something pro-social for yourself or others by giving back to the community, by joining a sports league or book club, by volunteering at an agency, or joining a house of worship just to name a few.
- Staying in substance use treatment if it applies to you.
What do you get in return, if you participate as required?
- We lovingly help you to make important attitude shifts when necessary.
- We assist you and support you during the job search.
- We help you get back into school or training program.
- You’ll be the first to know if our employer partners are hiring.
- We share information that our agency thinks will be useful to you.
- We write written recommendations and make calls on your behalf when things get tough or the world gives you a hard time because you have a record.